Peninsula High School was originally built in 1946. We worked with Peninsula School District to renovate 44,000 sf of the original 210,000 sf building. Renovations included the library, gymnasium, three classroom wings, modular classrooms and counseling center. CAG’s designs preserved and enhanced the building’s historical character with art-deco-inspired cherry detailing. Designs also clarified entries and made them more inviting. Exterior renovations included window, roofing, accessibility, electrical and mechanical upgrades. CAG presented the District with several phasing options to minimize disruption to academic activities during the process. As a result, the school continued to safely operate throughout construction.